Embracing Porcelain Veneers To Enhance Your Smile Aesthetics
A healthy and beautiful smile helps you resonate with society. Smile enhancement through veneers also helps correct dental flaws that boost your self-esteem and confidence. It can positively impact the way you perceive yourself and how others perceive you.
Porcelain veneers offered by our renowned dentist in Leesburg, VA, are customized shells that restore your oral imperfections, imparting a beautiful and healthy smile.
A comprehensive guide to porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are revolutionary dental restorations gaining momentum in the field of cosmetic dentistry. These are thin, tooth-colored, personalized shells that are cemented to the front surface of your teeth. They are permanently bonded to your teeth, which helps rejuvenate your smile and overall appearance.
Dental imperfections corrected by porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are effective restorations that help camouflage:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Smaller-than-normal teeth
- Diastema (gaps between the teeth)
- Slightly crooked and crowded teeth
- Stains that do not improve with teeth whitening
- Misshapen teeth
Potential benefits of porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are often preferred by dentists worldwide due to the following benefits:
- Easily blend with your natural teeth
- Are Stain-resistant
- Are fracture-resistant
- No additional maintenance required
- Excellent durability
- Increased lifespan
- Imparts a radiant smile
The procedure involved in getting porcelain veneers
At your first visit, your dentist will record your oral history and rule out other diseases like diabetes and hypertension. A complete oral examination will be conducted to assess your individual dental problem that has compromised your quality of life.
Dental X-rays are taken to ensure your teeth are healthy and strong enough to support the veneers.
The procedure involves the following steps:
- Administration of local anesthesia (a numbing agent) to ease pain and discomfort.
- Tooth preparation involves the removal of a small amount of enamel to ensure a proper fit of the veneer.
- A full mouth impression will be recorded and sent to a laboratory that manufactures your customized veneers.
- At your second visit (after 2 weeks), your dentist will clean your teeth and apply a bonding agent on the prepared teeth surfaces.
- The veneers will be fixed using special dental cement. The veneers will be trimmed and polished before you are sent home.
Remember to follow the below guidelines for long-lasting results:
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss regularly
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year
- Avoid habits like smoking, nail-biting, or object biting
- Use mouthguards while playing active sports
Porcelain veneers are successful cosmetic treatments being opted for by millions of dentists globally. It rejuvenates your smile and enhances your overall appearance because looking presentable is a human right!